Monday, July 21, 2008

Coming right along...

When I came back from North Carolina I was pleasantly surprised to see a good bit of corn tasseling. After this weekend, I'd guess that about 25 to 30% is now tasseling. A good bit of corn I saw that was under water or damaged by water a few weeks ago has popped back and is doing fine - in some places.

Hay production in Coshocton County is pretty strong. Although some producers didn't get to their first cutting last week, there are others wrapping up their second cutting.

Soybeans are looking good right now too. They are in a variety of growth stages - but fields that had yellowish spots in them are greening up.

This week I'm putting traps in two county soybean fields to track western corn rootworm. They'll both be in the north central part of the county.

No activity in the Western Bean Cutworm trap yet.

No comments: